Friday, March 13, 2015

Birdseed, bunnies and botanicals

I will admit that living in Florida, we don't anticipate the coming of spring quite like those in the northern states do.  We don't get as much cold weather, hard freezes or any snow, so one might say we don't deserve to celebrate spring.  I say no matter how mild the winter, the sweet new buds on the trees and beautiful blooms on the redbud trees are always a welcome sight.  God's creation never ceases to amaze me.  And with the coming of spring, we celebrate the risen Lord, and that is for sure something we all should celebrate!

My spring decorating started in the dining room.  I added bunnies to my white dishware and adorned the chalkboard with a verse that communicates well what this season is all about.


 One thing I added this year was the little plants in some of my white ware.




 On the table, I partially filled apothecary jars with birdseed and added my little white ceramic birds.  I love that natural look on my new farmhouse table. 




In the living room, more bunnies appear on the handmade burlap pillows.  I stenciled the white bunny and added a pom pom made with white yard for the tail.



The framed bunny stenciled on burlap was left over from last year.  I had to bring him out on my mantle again.





This year I brought a little bit of spring into the sun room as well.




I hope you can enjoy the new life that spring brings and have a beautiful time celebrating.


3 comments:

  1. I was happy to see your spring decorating in person! Sweet Spring has come to the Moore home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie. Glad you could see it in person too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie. Glad you could see it in person too!!

    ReplyDelete