Saturday, June 17, 2017

10,000 years and then forevermore!

At the YMCA, where our family has it's membership, there is an elderly gentleman that works out there who reminds me of my dad.   I miss my dad.  Daddy, as I call him.  This August it will be two years since he went to be with the Lord.  I miss him everyday, but special days like birthdays and holidays bring him to mind even more.

I miss his smile. His big hug whenever we would see one another after a long separation.  I miss his laugh.  The way he would get tickled over a seemingly small thing, and wouldn't be able to stop laughing.  I miss his whistling and his handsome crooner voice singing old love songs.  I miss the way he was always willing to serve us kids.  I even miss his grumpy scowl he would get from time to time.  And I miss not having him to call on this special day of the year. 


But daddy isn't missing us.  He is too busy praising the same Lord in heaven that he lived for and so willingly served here on earth.   The Lord he unashamedly told friends and family about.  

This morning while at the Y, I again saw my dad's look-a-like.  As I watched him on the rowing machine and thought of my dad, the song "10,000 Reasons" began playing on my headphones.

"And on that day when my strength is failing, the end draws near and my time has come, 
Still my soul will sing your praise unending.  
10,000 years and then forevermore!  FOREVERMORE!

Bless the Lord O my soul.  O my soul!
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before, O my soul! I'll worship Your holy name!" 

Thank you daddy for being that strong example to me.  I pray I can be the same strong example to my family, of faithfulness to my Lord.  I pray that I will live for Him and praise Him right to the end, and then 10,000 years and FOREVERMORE!  

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Robyn, what wonderful words. This brought tears to my eyes as I miss my Daddy too.

      Delete
  2. They will always be our daddy. And always be so missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog if you're looking by Paint tools in UAE contact Towertool.

    ReplyDelete