Sunday, June 1, 2014

2014 Spring Tour

I love decorating my house for holidays.  Easter is such a fun holiday to decorate.  Spring colors, bunnies, eggs.  Love it!  I like to keep it light and relatively neutral.  I collect white ironstone, so I love incorporating it in my décor, what ever holiday it is.

 
 
 
 
In the living room, I use more burlap and chalkboards to say "Spring".

 
I have to admit, I'm a little late to discover you can paint chalkboard paint directly to glass!  What???  This changes everything!  So I had a cute frame I wasn't using, so I painted the glass insert with chalkboard paint, and now I use it for a lot of occasions.
 
 
I wanted to continue carrying the white ironstone into the living room on my mantle.
 
 
 
I took some burlap scraps and made a bunny template and painted a white bunny on the burlap and framed it.
 
 
I continued with the burlap on the couch.  I made another bunny template and painted it on burlap and used it to make a pillow.
 
 
Another home made burlap pillow.  I painted the bunting white, free handed the letters and painted burlap braid blue for the bunting cord.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment