Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas 2016

I wasn't going to do a Christmas home tour blog this year.  Most of my decorations are used year to year, so I thought why post again?  It will look pretty much like it did last year, right?

But after getting things out, and decorated, I decided to go ahead and post pics of our 2016 Christmas.  Why?  Because my sister asked me to.  :-)  So this is for you, sis!

Welcome to our Christmas home!




Stepping in the house, you are greeted by the lighted garland on the stairs and one of my favorites, the "Merry Christmas" sign made by my sister.  Her online shop is "White Hen".  You will be seeing more of her work throughout the home.  I admit I'm a bit obsessed with her work.



Our living room has taken on a little different look this year with a different furniture and tree placement.  This is the first time I've placed the tree in this spot.  I love it in front of the window.  You can see it almost immediately when you walk in the front door.  







The sofa table is in front of the window on the other side of the tree.  


























The sunroom is used primarily as overflow for the living room.  But I love sitting in there in the mornings for my Bible study time.  It's so peaceful.


This "Oh What Fun" sign was a gift from my sister.  I LOVE it!



In the dining room, we added a new hutch this year, replacing my old buffet.  So I tweaked that end of the room a bit.  I love the sign that is above the hutch.  I had my sister busy doing several other signs for me (I'll show you those later).  I found this at a friend's online shop, "The Feathered Nest".  It's perfect for this space.  And of course, my white ceramic tree had to sit atop the hutch.  I added some green miniature trees in some of my white ware to finish off the space.




The table is centered with more trees.  I used an apothecary jar and homemade snow globes to keep with the tree theme of the room.



























My small buffet on the opposite wall adds to the tree theme in the room.  Above it I hung a chalkboard I made using an antique frame and 1/4 inch plywood.





This year, I painted and moved my buffet from the dining room to the kitchen, making a space for a coffee bar.  I hung the open shelving above it for storing additional coffee items.


On the opposite side of the room, I have a small live tree, decked out with kitchen utensil ornaments.



At the top of the stairs is my new favorite room in the house.  I transformed my craft room into a room for my grandkids to stay in when they visit.  I love how it turned out, but mainly, I love that I have a place that is special for them when they come!!


This little sign is so precious to me.  Made by my sister (again, you can find her at her online shop on Facebook as White Hen).  For the season, I simply adorned the shelf above it with bottle brush trees and hung a little garland from the shelf.





These little dolls are adorable.  They are from an online shop called "Cuddle+Kind".  When you purchase one of their dolls, they donate 10 meals to needy children.




In the master bedroom, I didn't change much from my decor I used last year.  But I did add this adorable sign also made by "White Hen".





Other spaces upstairs are the guest room, office and landing.  All have small touches for the season.  




So whether you pull out the old decorations, start with new ones, or do a combination of both, Christmas can be fresh and beautiful adding a beauty to your home that you only get to see for a short time every year.  Enjoy it!  Drink it in!  But mostly, as you find joy in your decor, remember it is all in honor of the real meaning of Christmas, the celebration of the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment