Saturday, July 11, 2015

Blake and Angie's gender reveal party

It started with a phone call.  My son called to give me the exciting news that he and his wife were expecting.  It would be her second child, but my son's first.  We were all very excited.  I had been told by many friends and family that having grandchildren is even better then having children.  I have anticipated this blessing for a long time.   One of the first things he said was, "I'm sure you are going to want to give us one of those a gender reveal parties."  My son knows me all too well.  

Blake and Angie live in Gainesville, about an hour and a half from Jacksonville, where he is a student at UF.  As it turned out, Blake would be doing an internship over the summer at my husband's business here in Jax, so he and his wife were staying with us for the summer.  So they were here when they would find out what the baby's gender was.  Perfect!!

They chose to find out at the ultrasound what the gender was, but they would keep it a secret from the family until the party.  I don't know how they did it, but they were a vault!

















The cake was a made from scratch white cake filled with M & M's 


We kept the food simple.  We made cute little onesie shortbread cookies iced with white icing and added pink and blue question marks. We also dipped pretzels in colored white chocolate and added white sprinkles.




The guests were greeted at the door with a chalkboard.


And were encouraged to "wear their guess" by placing a pink or blue clothes pin on their clothes.




We also had a game of guessing what the baby's name would be.  I bought a used flat paneled closet door and painted it with chalkboard paint.  Then added the rag garland I made using fabric scraps.


Another chalkboard adorned the hutch accompanied by an apothecary jar filled with vintage baby rattles and a framed ultrasound picture of baby Moore.


When it was time for the reveal, Blake and Angie had Gabe read the results.  He was more then willing to help.


It's a ....


Aunt Bee got it right!


Proud big brother!


Happy parents!



After the reveal, Blake and Angie gave everyone an envelope and told them to open them.  

They shared with us the baby's name.  Introducing Hazel Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment